Who doesn’t love an easy appetizer? These cranberry and goat cheese crackers are a stunning and delicious beginning to any meal.
It’s no secret at my house, I adore jellied cranberry sauce! I look forward to that sweet and tart ruby red deliciousness every holiday and this time I decided to incorporate it into an easy appetizer!
Any big meal can become slightly laborious as we scurry about the kitchen cooking and timing the rolls to turn golden just as the sides are perfectly heated and the turkey has been sliced into perfection.
So I ask, who needs a fussy heavy appetizer? Not me! I’m all for an easy appetizer that’s light and tasty and tantalizes my palette just enough to get me ready for the main meal. These little beauties will do just that. The tart sweet cranberry sauce pairs perfectly with the creamy goat cheese.
It’s a match made in heaven that takes minutes to prepare and I guarantee that your guests will oooh and ahhh at the presentation!
Wishing you a delicious stress-free holiday!
- 1- 14 oz can jellied cranberry sauce
- 5 oz creamy goat cheese
- 24 whole grain crackers (or any cracker you fancy, cracked pepper would be good too!)
- Slice the cranberry sauce into 12 even rounds.
- Cut 2 leaves (with a small leaf cookie cutter) out of each round of cranberry sauce.
- Spread goat cheese on each cracker.
- Top the cracker with the cranberry leaf.