Today is my beloved little sister’s Birthday!
Bet that doesn’t surprise you to know that I am “the older sister” does it?
I am a first born, here to help, assist and guide whether you think you need it or not big sister. A squeeze and kiss the daylights out of your cute little cheeks and offer my opinion when you don’t really want it kind of big sister. And even sometimes (on occasion)…maybe the bossy BIG sister.
But this post isn’t about me…
This is about MY SISTER and her special day! Today is her birthday and I am celebrating the day that she was born.
This is my mom holding my sister when she was one week old. Look at me, I can hardly contain myself! It was just too good to be true!!
And what about this next photo?
Look how much she’s enjoying that precious moment! Can’t you just feel the love and affection that is written all over her face?
Or wait, I guess that would be on MY face. Her expression is saying something hugely different.
Oh, my sweet little “me TOO, me TOO” sister. I still remember the good ole days when she used to hang on my every word and emulate everything I said and did. It didn’t matter what it was, the cereal I chose, the outfits I’d wear or even my first day of school when she cried for hours because she had to stay home. My little sister would constantly comment emphatically, “me TOO, me TOO!” (it even became her nickname for awhile).
Notice how I’m marching ahead, leading the clan and little “me TOO” is right behind.
And again, THOSE CHEEKS!
At first I thought about writing a sappy, emotional post full of stories that tell of the wonderful journey that my sister and I have shared throughout our lives. All of the love and laughter, the tears and fears. Then I thought, nahhhhhhhhhhhh, it would be MUCH more fun to make a list of the top 10 things that I wish for her this year!
*NOTE: I thought about writing one wish for EVERY year that she’s celebrated but then I’d be telling you how old she is…but I wouldn’t do that to her.
TOP 10 THINGS THAT I WISH FOR MY SISTER TO ENJOY THIS YEAR
1. A swimming pool full of pickles -crunchy, perfect DILL pickles.
2. A different new Bonnie Bell Lip Smacker for every day.
3. When ordering at a restaurant, the first thing she picks on the menu to be perfect and hit the spot every time.
4. A house full of her favorite scented candles.
5. For her garden to always be full of fresh flowers to pick.
6. The ice cream truck to stop at her front porch every evening with her favorite flavor. And the calories don’t count.
7. A box full of forever sharp crayola crayons.
8. The most comfy, butter soft beautiful jammies you could imagine to be perfectly laying on her bed every evening.
9. Bottomless mugs of delicious coffee and green tea.
10. And to my beloved little sis, if you are reading this, may you forever have a twinkle in your eye, a smile on your lips and a song in your heart… always.
The bond that sisters have can never be broken.
And all I have to say about all of my little sister’s undying love and devotion is…
Me TOO…me too.
I love you.
Your BIG sis,