Need a last minute Halloween treat idea? These green apple candy witch fingers are sure to intrigue any guest.
I’m a big fan of the green witch from The Wizard of Oz! When I think of Halloween my mind always goes to her fabulous green face and long boney fingers that seem to wrap endlessly around everything they touch. I had those fingers in mind when I dreamed up these green apple Jolly Rancher® Halloween treats!
The pucker of green apple paired with the glorious green make these the perfect Halloween treat! I just love how translucent they are, almost glowing, as they wait patiently on the plate.
They are so simple to make!! I used this Wilton Fingers Non-Stick Pan to make my witch fingers. Any local craft store should have some kind of finger shaped pan in the seasonal section if you don’t already have one. Just spray the pan with a non-stick spray, unwrap the candy, and place 3 candies in each finger (don’t overfill, they will bubble over). Pop them in the oven for about 6-8 minutes and that’s it! I gave my witch fingers a candy melt manicure which was also super easy! Just melt some red (or any color you desire) candy melts and paint it on with a clean paint brush.
Serve some gorgeous green witch fingers this Halloween! You’re guests will love them!
Wishing you a sugary sweet Halloween!
- [i]For the fingers:[/i]
- 24 green apple Jolly Ranchers
- 1 non-stick pan with finger shapes
- Non-stick spray
- [i]For the nails:[/i]
- red candy melts for the finger nails
- clean paint brush
- Preheat oven to 275º
- [i]To make the fingers :[/i]
- Spray non-stick pan with some cooking spray
- Unwrap the 24 Jolly Rancher candies and put 3 in each finger
- Cook for 6-8 minutes. Watch the oven and take out when candies are melted, if you leave then in too long they’ll burn and turn a brown color.
- Let fingers cool and set. The fingers should pop out when you turn pan over but if they don’t then use the tip of a knife under the edge to help come undone.
- [i]For the nails :[/i]
- Melt the candy melts in microwave according to package instructions .
- Using a clean paint brush, paint the red melted candy on like nail polish, let dry.
The kids will definitely love these!