This fresh mozzarella tomato basil flag is perfect for any patriotic occasion. Bursting with flavor and color this dazzling dish takes moments to put together.
If you’re looking for a fun, patriotic appetizer that can be assembled before you can hum the phrase, “our country tis of thee”, then boy do I have a delish dish for you! I’m a big fan of dazzle without hassel. So in the spirit of my watermelon feta flag that has become an all time favorite 4th of July family tradition, I dreamt up the fresh mozzarella tomato basil flag.
This fresh, savory flag was a breeze to assemble and yet it exploded with tremendous flavor that made my spirits soar. So without further adieu, I give to you, freedom from slaving away over a hot & steamy stove…
Just place some fresh Opal Basil leaves into a square white dish to make a perfect field of blue.
Then lovingly line fresh mozzarella balls and grape tomatoes two by two, on a white rectangular platter, to make some splendid, scrumptious stripes.
You’ll be filled with glee to find that the three ingredients thread onto a bamboo skewer make a darling red, white & blue,
…bite of bliss just for you.
And for a little more bling to the taste buds,
drizzle with a sprinkling of balsamic vinegar…
And that my friends is an explosion of summertime celebration in your mouth.
You’ve still got time to run to the store for these 3 simple red, white & blue ingredients that will be sure to *woo* your guests at that post-parade picinc or pre-fireworks party.
Wishing you a most festive 4th that includes freedom from slaving away over a hot & steamy stove!
- grape tomatoes – washed and dried
- small fresh mozzarella balls
- opal (purple) basil leaves- rinsed and patted dry
- balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- salt & pepper to taste
- Arrange tomatoes and mozzarella balls into rows on a rectangular plate to make the stripes of the American flag.
- Place a square bowl in the top left corner and fill it with the purple basil leaves. This will make the *stars* of the flag.
- Serve with toothpicks and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper.