Popsicles and summer just go hand and hand. There’s just something completely soul satisfying about a chilled sweet treat frozen onto a wooden stick.
Doesn’t really matter how old you happen to be or how you choose to eat one.
Tiny nibbles from the top left corner all the way down to the bottom.
Little licks that make a thick rectangle popsicle melt into the sharpest, skinny peak.
Big bites that make your teeth numb and your brain freeze until you rub your temples for mercy.
I have been chomping at the bit to make some of the cold confections as of late and came across the most divine recipe in Country Living magazine.
Raspberry Buttermilk Popsicles.
Doesn’t that sound glorious?!? Well is it! I made a few changes. I used light buttermilk and sour cream (it is bathing suit season after all) and I added a bit more honey. And oh honey let me tell you how tasty these pretty little pops are!
The fresh raspberries just send the entire sensory experience to a whole new level.
Cold and creamy, slightly tangy, and a hint of sweet that softly lingers on your tongue.
These little pink pretties will make any swelteringly hot summer day a decadent delight.
I can’t wait to delve into more intoxicating flavor combinations! I’m thinking Greek yogurt and blueberry would be blissful…or what about watermelon and lemon?!
Oooooh! Or how about lemon cream!?
I think this may be the summer of popsicles at my house.
Wishing you an armload of sweet summertime fun!
- 2 cups fresh raspberries (rinsed)
- 1 1/2 cups light sour cream
- 1/2 cup light buttermilk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pour the raspberries into a bowl and break them up with a fork or whisk. I left some in small bits to add some texture to the popsicle.
- Pour in rest of ingredients and mix together until smooth.
- Pour into a popsicle mold, place on the top and insert wooden sticks. Place in freezer on a level surface.
- Freeze for at least a couple of hours until firm.
- Run warm water over the outside of the mold to help the popsicles slide out easily.
Mmmmmm! These pops would be great for a BBQ i’m hosting this weekend!
Those are so pretty. Our raspberries are just starting to pop, these popsicles would be PERFECT!! Hope you’re having a great summer!
Oh, I think lemon cream would be fabulous! And greek yogurt would be perfect for these. You’re on to something here, my friend.
I love the picture with the bright pink raspberry showing! I can almost taste them….tangy and sweet…and perfect for summer!
Yum! Great color 🙂
[…] Raspberry Buttermilk Popsicles Wenderly […]
Perfect for summer, especially when the kids are looking for a treat!
This would be such a fun surprise to serve to guests after a dinner party! I love it.