Pumpkin bread petit fours are perfect to have on hand for entertaining family, friends and last minute guests as the holiday season unfolds. These delicious little pumpkin bread packages wrapped in dark chocolate will pair perfectly with a hot cup of coffee or tea. Or maybe champagne?
Oh is it a happy day here at Wenderly!!! For months now My Yanni and I have been discussing, drawing out plans, discussing again, picking fonts, changing fonts, redesigning logos & icons, discussing more, picking out font sizes, drawing layouts, comparing color palettes, agreeing on layouts, then changing layouts, creating categories, drawing graphics, making multiple lists and checking them thrice. Then one day after discussing and refreshing the page for the umpteenth time and holding our breath for what seemed to be an eternity…the new Wenderly was born.
And here it is. Pop the bubbly!
I made pumpkin bread petit fours to celebrate! I hope you’ll join me!
It seems only appropriate that Wenderly be reborn in Autumn. I simply adore the beautiful transformation of the warm humid air into crisp clear days, the abundant harvest of perfect pumpkins and tart apples and I especially love the parade of color that seems to happily saunter down every avenue.
It gives me a totally new outlook on life. A fresh perspective. And a craving for nestling into creativity and capturing all the senses.
These pumpkin bread petit fours were inspired by all of those things. And they’re as easy as can be.
I just used my favorite boxed pumpkin bread, made a scrumptious chocolate glaze and then topped them off with festive little candy corns & pumpkins.
A decadent taste of autumn all wrapped up in a dark chocolate coating is the perfect way to celebrate all the wonderful changes going on in the world outside as well as in my little world online. Not to mention, they make a delightful treat to have on hand for those who gather in your home this holiday season.
I can’t even begin to tell you how happy I am that you’re here. Whether this is your very first time or you’ve been stopping by for awhile, I do hope you’ll join me as I venture on in this most exciting world of sharing what I love to eat, decorate, make and inspire with each of you, for a long time to come. Cheers!!
With love and celebration!!!
- [i][b]For the pumpkin bread ::[/b][/i]
- 1 box Trader Joe’s pumpkin bread mix (or your favorite)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- [i][b]For the chocolate glaze ::[/b][/i]
- 7 oz of dark chocolate (good for melting)
- 1 or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 or 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar for thickening
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the pumpkin bread following box instructions.
- Pour the pumpkin bread mixture into lined baking pan and bake for 55-60 minutes until springs back to the touch.
- Meanwhile, break the chocolate into pieces, place into a heat-proof bowl and heat over a pan of low bowling water until the chocolate is melted. Take care not to burn the chocolate.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the chocolate until it is glossy and shiny.
- Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of confectioners sugar to thicken the glaze. It should coat the back of a spoon when it’s ready.
- After the bread has cooled turn it out onto a cutting board and cut into 9 equal pieces.
- Shake off extra crumbs, place the pumpkin bread square onto a large fork and hold over the bowl of melted chocolate.
- Carefully spoon the chocolate glaze all over each square then slide the chocolate covered square onto a cooling rack to set while you cover the other squares.
- Place a candy corn or pumpkin in the center of each square.
- Pop the finished petit fours into the freezer for about 15 minutes to let the chocolate glaze really set.
These were awesome! You are the bestestess
Thank you honey!! And thank you for all of your hard work! I be a lucky lady!
Good morning and happy new site launch day! The site is clean uncluttered and very and pretty. Love your header (and fonts) and your “W” divider at the end of your post. Very cute footer section too. Your images under each section are adorable (especially love the paper airplane under Sign-Up!) Hope you are happy here for a long time o come, best wishes 🙂
Oh my goodness Paula, you say the very dearest things, you know that!? Thank you so very much for celebrating with me! It delights me more than you’ll ever know that you noticed all of those details I’ve worked on for so long! Truly. I am beaming!!! xoxo
LOVE the new site, pretty lady. It’s gorgeous! Just like you 🙂 These little cakes are sheer genius.
Thank you SO much Kristan!! I’m especially smitten hearing that from you!!! xo
So fun for the holidays!
Love the new look! xoxo
Thanks sweet friend!!! I can never thank you enough for your support, encouragement & words of wisdom! xoxoxo
Love this!! Everyting is so lovely… so excited for you!
Awwwwww, thanks so much sweet Amanda!!
Popping the champagne with you! Love the new look; love these petits fours!
Thank you Bridget!! Wish we could share a glass of bubbly together!!
With Love and CELEBRATION is right, my friend. Perfect for the holidays and all your delicious recipes and home decor ideas … I can’t wait to see more. These little treats look delightful! xo
Thanks so much sweet Sandy! xoxo