Let me show you how to make bath bombs to pamper your loved ones this Easter! Fill baskets with egg shaped capsules that will turn their bath into a luxurious soak.
Spring is the perfect time to pamper someone special with some precious bath bombs. Why not give them (or yourself) a reason to take a luxurious soak. Once you see how to make bath bombs you’ll be making them for every fun occasion. You can personalize them in thousands of ways and come up with endless combinations of shapes, colors and scents! How about soft pastel shaped eggs filled with sprinkles and flower petals to melt away the post winter blahs?
There’s nothing more relaxing than a tub filled with pink and purple sweet pea scented water with floating flower petals. Heaven on earth I tell you! The epsom salts and olive oil will caress your skin, rejuvenate achy, sore muscles and get your body ready for shorts and bathing suit season! (Eeep! It’s almost shorts and bathing suit season!)
Step into Spring feeling relaxed, refreshed and pampered. And make sure to treat all your friends and family this Easter to some beautiful bath bombs filled with sweet surprises.
Here are some other relaxing bath ideas ::
Happy Easter and Happy Spring!
Here’s the bath bomb how to ::
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup epsom salts
- 3/4 teaspoon water
- 2 teaspoons essential oil
- 2 1/2 tsp olive oil or coconut oil
- a few drops of food coloring
- Plastic containers for shape of bath bombs, I used a plastic Eater egg for egg shape
- optional :: artificial flower petals ,sprinkles, tiny plastic toys or glitter
- Mix dry ingredients well and set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients (minus food coloring) in a separate bowl.
- Very slowly, add wet ingredients to the dry. Water will start fizzing in reaction to the dry mix, so stir well and the excess fizzing will subside.
- Stop adding liquid once mixture resembles wet sand (grab a handful and squeeze to check if the mixture will hold its shape).
- Next, remove 1/3 of the mixture and place in a separate bowl (this will be used for a center capsule)
- In 2 small bowls (or as many as you need depending on how many colors you want) add a few drops food coloring and different or same food coloring in respective bowls. Add 1/2 teaspoon of water to each bowl and stir.
- Slowly pour one color into the bowl with the 2/3 mixture and the the other color or colors into the bowl with the 1/3 mixture and stir.
- Add 1/4 of a teaspoon of the sprinkles or flower petals to the 1/3 mixture bowl.
- Make centers with a small mold that will fit inside the bigger mold.
- If making egg shape, press colors you want into each side of egg (press smaller capsule or flower petals or sprinkles inside) and let set for at least 10 minutes so they hold their shape.
- Pack down with fingers, pop out of mold onto a flat surface and let dry for 6 hours.
- Repeat process until all of the bath bomb mixture is used.
- Drop one bath bomb into a filled tub of warm to hot water, slip into fizzing water and enjoy a luxurious & rejuvenating soak!
Sounds like a little slice of heaven….love the floating petals. Thanks for the inspiration.