Indoor s’mores are a fun and easy way to enjoy all of the delicious delights of an outdoor sweet treat right inside the comforts of your cozy home!
The days are finally growing longer and I know that Spring is bound to push its way up from underneath the frozen ground eventually. I find myself yearning this time of year for the good old outdoors. Making s’mores and most of all eating s’mores has to be one of my all time favorite summer indulgences. During these frigid snowy winter days I yearn for the warmer sun kissed days and all of the fun and food that comes with them. But then I realized that perhaps I could bring some of the outdoor fun, indoors!
And out of my desperate desire to feel the splendor of summertime, these indoor s’mores were born! They were just thing to cure my summertime yearning blues! I started with roasting large campfire size marshmallows. I happen to have a gas stove, so I grabbed a wooden skewer and roasted the marshmallows right over the flame. Obviously a fireplace would be an even better replacement to an outside campfire but I was short on time and the instant flame of my stove did the trick. I decided to use a pizzelle Italian cookie in place of the traditional graham cracker to add a unique touch. And a healthy slathering of a chocolate spread raised the whole chocolate experience to an entirely new level! The hot melty marshmallow married into the already smooth chocolate and made this indoor s’more perfection!
These s’mores work wonders as a cure for the winter blues but they also remedy any bad weather situation any time of the year!
Here’s the recipe ::
- 6 Campfire sized marshmallows
- 1 container of your favorite chocolate spread
- 12 pizzelle Italian cookies
- wooden skewers
- Generously cover the inside surface of the 12 pizzelle cookies with chocolate spread
- Carefully roast marshmallows of your gas stove flame (or in a roaring fireplace) until they’re brown and crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside
- Place the marshmallow onto one of the chocolate covered pizzelle cookies and place one (chocolate side down) onto the top of the marshmallow
- Pull out the wooden skewer, repeat until all s’mores are made
- Enjoy the sweet taste of the great outdoors inside!
Love these! You made them look so elegant with the pizzelle cookies! Delicious!!!
Thank you Robyn! Hope you all are doing ok with this winter storm down there in the south! Stay warm & safe! xo
These look fabulous, would definitely cure the indoor blues in a hurry! Pizzelles are a great touch!
Thanks so much Allie! 🙂
Aaaawwww! My nana made these indoor for me when I was a little girl. She used saltines. Probably because that is what she had. But they were salty and sweet and I loved them.
Thanks for the memory lane trip!