Delight your guests with these sweet little Easter treats. Bunny pops are as easy as can be and are a great project for kids.
I’ve been dreaming up these Easter bunny pops in my mind for over a month now. That’s perfectly normal right? I’m certain that every one of you spend all of your spare time thinking and plotting about the next holiday and all of the fun details and decorations. Don’t you? You know, the colors you’ll use for your table, the menu you’ll cook, how you’ll dress your mantle and foyer and of course what precious desserts you’ll come up with to make your guests smile.
You don’t? Really?
Well never-mind then.
These bunny pops make the perfect versatile Easter treat that are as darling as they are delicious. All you’ll need are some sandwich cookies, candy melts, fondant and mini marshmallows.
They make a clever centerpiece, add a touch of whimsy to your dessert table and make an adorable addition to any Easter basket. I’m so glad that I my pre-holiday manic imagination came up with this idea. They’re even cuter in real life than they were in my mind.
More Easter fun coming up soon!
Wishing you and yours a very Hoppy Easter!
Here’s the how to ::
- sandwich cookies
- candy melts
- mini marshmallows
- lollipop sticks
- small bunny cookie cutter
- Slowly open sandwich cookie so that you don’t break the cookie.
- Once opened, slide a lollipop stick up into the icing about ½ way. Wipe away icing that was pushed out of the way.
- Roll out colored fondant and cut out bunny head shapes with a cookie cutter or a knife
- Melt pink (or a variety of colored candy melts) in microwave according to package instructions.
- Smooth some melted candy melt with an offset spatula or knife onto the opened cookie and over the lollipop stick and at the top where the bunny head will be placed
- Press fondant bunny head over melted candy and put sandwich cookie back together and wait a few minutes for it to dry and seal the cookie closed with the lollipop stick inside.
- Cover surface of cookie with melted candy melts and place a mini marshmallow at the bottom of the cookie where a tail would be on a bunny
- Let dry and enjoy!
So adorable, still freezing here. Thanks for bringing a little yummy taste of spring…
These are ridiculously cute!!!
Thank you Amanda! 🙂