This buttercream frosting is a heavenly, creamy, richly decadent frosting that will beautifully finish off any cake or cupcake and become your favorite go to recipe.
Buttercream frosting. What can say? Is there anything more divine than powdered sugar and butter blended together to form gorgeous peaks of deliciousness? I think not. I’ve made many different luscious frostings in my life but this buttercream frosting is now my all time favorite!!!
I’ve been baking out of one of my beloved antique cookbooks and just made some delightful gingerbread cupcakes I came across this lovely buttercream cream recipe and I fell in love. I’m telling you that each lick caused an uncontrollable “mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!” each and every time.
This frosting is amazing. It has the perfect sweet, but not too sweet, rich flavor and texture for any cake or cupcake (in my opinion) and it was a match made in heaven with the gingerbread cupcakes that I topped off with a slice of candied ginger cut into a holly leaf shape. Hope this buttercream frosting becomes a family favorite in your house too!
In case you missed it here’s the gingerbread cupcake recipe ::
May all your desserts be delicious and sweet!
Here’s the recipe ::
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar- sifted
- 3 tablespoons milk (more or less for consistency)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Cream butter with a mixer
- Gradually add the sifted powdered sugar, in small quantities, alternating with the milk and mix until incorporated and smooth. (you can adjust milk to get desired consistency)
- Add vanilla and salt
- You should have enough frosting to cover 2 dozen cupcakes