In case you didn’t know this…Coffee is like air to me.
Coffee and I have had a longtime love affair. So you can only imagine my ecstatic state of mind when I received this gorgeous Syntia Focus Espresso Machine made by Philips Saeco to play with and review a few weeks ago. I mean isn’t she a beauty!?
I’m embarrassed to admit that I…lover-of-coffee…have never even owned an espresso machine. I have always brewed my own coffee the in a basic coffee pot and then relied on my favorite coffee house for my *real deal* cup of coffee later in the day. Well I am here to tell you that my coffee drinking life has changed forever! I have hopelessly fallen in love my espresso machine! I was a tad bit intimidated to try it out at first but after reading the manual *ahem* (and by that I mean My Yanni reading the manual and then describing in every little intricate detail what to do and not to do ), I put on my barista hat and I was ready to go. Once you understand the different sequences, and remember to pay attention to the illuminated prompts, making the perfect cup of espresso or coffee is just a simple button push away!
My Yanni and I have been enjoying all sorts of fantastic coffee drinks lately. My kitchen smells of divine robust coffee and I’m finding that I don’t need to make daily trips to my favorite coffee house any longer. We have even swapped out our beloved coffee maker for the gorgeous espresso machine! Something that I never thought would ever happen! Its sleek rich design and ability to whip up a fantastic cup of coffee 0r espresso in minutes makes keeping it out for all to enjoy a no-brainer. This past weekend we took our coffee loving experience a step further and made a decadent dessert to accompany our after dinner espresso, we made Tiramisu Affogato.
Such a stunning and delicious specimen.
And it was a total cinch to make.
This is a perfect dessert to dazzle guests with at any dinner party!
We just made a double shot of espresso,
placed a few lady finger cookies in the bottom of a bowl.
Plopped a big dollop of vanilla bean ice cream on top,
shaved some dark chocolate,
then poured the hot espresso all over the top.
Creamy, dreamy, rich and coffee-chocolatey…
It was a match made in heaven!
Here are my thoughts about the Philips Saeco Focus Espresso Machine…
* We get to enjoy coffee house quality coffee drinks in the comfort of our own home.
* The machine takes minutes to prepare each drink.
* The sleek beautiful design of the Syntia Focus looks stunning on my kitchen counter.
* We can enjoy espresso as well as a long coffee (espresso with more water) that both taste incredible!
* We are saving money buy indulging our coffee habit at home rather than driving to our favorite coffee house.
* We can use any coffee/bean that we like and are not restricted to those packets/pods of coffee.
* The machine can be loud while it prepares to make a drink.
* You must remember to push the buttons in proper sequence or the machine will dump the coffee before it has been used.
* The small opening and flip lid over the coffee hopper makes it tricky to get the coffee grounds dumped in without spilling some.
I must state for the record, that My Yanni and I give the Syntia Focus a two thumbs up! We really love the fact that we can easily replicate and enjoy delicious upscale coffee drinks in the comfort of our own home!
Here’s the yummy recipe!
What you’ll need:
3 lady finger cookies
1 scoop vanilla bean ice cream
1 Tablespoon shaved dark chocolate
2 shots hot espresso
What you’ll do:
Place lady fingers in the bottom of a bowl, plop a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top, sprinkle shaved chocolate and pour hot espresso all over the top.
Sit back and enjoy!