Winter Scenes, Winter Thoughts

Miraculous.

Treacherous.

Glorious.

Curious.

Raw.

Rejuvenating.

As of late, I have found myself deeply moved throughout the day by snippets of winter scenes that unfold in front of me. My iphone has become one with my hand as I have felt compelled to capture the beauty before me and tuck it away for future enjoyment.

This is a strange and foreign behavior for me because winter is usually a season that I find myself head down, eyebrows furrowed, energy focused on doing everything possible to get through the dreary months lickity split.

But as I  laid my sleepy eyes upon this glorious sunrise, my soul was stirred.

winter-sunrise-winter-scenes

This quiet snowfall that caused a hush to fall over the land as it wrapped itself around every nook and cranny left me silent and peaceful.

winter-scene-snowy-road

This magnificent sunset stopped me dead in my tracks with shivers running up and down my spine whilst bustling through a frozen parking lot.

winter-scene-sunset

And this morning as I was frantically dashing through the snow, this capture made me realize that it’s time for me to slow down and savor every moment.

For I don’t know for certain how many I’ve got left.

winter-scene-dashing-through-the-snowy-roads

It’s almost as if God has set a gentle hand upon my shoulder and whispered silently into my being…

Savor today. Every. single. moment.

I hope that you will too.

xoxoxo,

This entry was posted in Slice of Life, The Silver Lining and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Sharon
    Posted January 10, 2014 at 6:38 pm | Permalink

Such beautiful pictures and thoughts…thanks for sharing!

2. Sheila
    Posted January 10, 2014 at 8:58 pm | Permalink

Beautiful and inspiring! Thank You

3. Almost Jane
    Posted January 11, 2014 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous photos, Wendy. Winter is a great, maybe the best, time for contemplation. And this is good advice for us all.

4. arnie fe
    Posted January 16, 2014 at 3:11 am | Permalink

hi ! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous winter time. i always day dream to be in a place like this. awesome!

5. Posted January 16, 2014 at 9:47 am | Permalink

You always inspire me. Wonderful words and photos! xoxoxo

6. Posted January 21, 2014 at 8:06 pm | Permalink

I’ve always loved winter. It forces us to slow down. Just dress warm and keep your head up!

7. Posted January 26, 2014 at 10:18 am | Permalink

Beautiful photos! I’ve also been using my camera phone more and more.