Fabulous Find Friday ::: Antique Enamel Bowl

IMG_1175

Have you ever fallen in love (whilst antiquing) with something that you don’t necessarily need but just HAVE to have?

It’s the story of my life.

But most of the time that something that I don’t necessarily need quickly becomes something that I can’t live without once I get home.

This antique enamel bowl is one of those things…

antique-enamel-bowl-empty

When I first laid my eyes upon that smooth, perfectly white, flawless surface I just knew that I HAD to have it.

antique-enamel-bowl-close-up

But once I ran my finger along the perfectly painted forest green edge, well then, I knew that there was no turning back.

And guess what?

I’m so very delighted that I acted on my impulse! This dear antique enamel white bowl has served me well.

It makes a positively precious container for all of my herbs that I keep beside my kitchen window.

antique-enamel-bowl-herbs-horizntal

When entertaining, it makes the most delightful (leak free) beverage tub.

antique-enamel-bowl-ice-waters

After a long day of antiquing, it makes the perfect foot bath in switch to soak my aching feet.

*Not pictured*

And then when I may or may not purchase a plethora of pretty flowers?

antique-enamel-bowl-gerbers-final

It adoringly displays those as well.

If you don’t already own an antique white enamel bowl, (or twelve) *ahem* well then, I strongly suggest that you do.

You won’t be sorry.

Happy Friday All!

Love,

This entry was posted in Entertaining, Living, The Silver Lining and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted May 15, 2013 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

What lovely ways to use such a fabulous bowl. We especially loved it with the flowers or the herbs. Thanks for sharing these ideas. Have a great day. ~~ Sharon & Denise

2. julia
    Posted May 21, 2013 at 7:33 am | Permalink

beautiful bowl indeed. beverage tub was my favorite. enjoyed the post.

3. Posted May 29, 2013 at 9:56 am | Permalink

Such a cute way to display flowers and serve drinks. I may have an old bowl sorta like this in my attic. I’m thinking I need to go find it. ;)

4. Posted May 30, 2013 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

Love your beautiful bowl, sweet girl!

5. Posted May 30, 2013 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

I’ve been waiting for something special to put in my red one bought WITH you….I think I need to get it out TODAY!

6. Posted June 24, 2013 at 2:20 pm | Permalink

I love that bowl! I recently fell in love with a stone handled whisk while antique shopping…makes me feel much more rustic when whipping up scrambled eggs in the morning! :-)

7. Posted June 28, 2013 at 5:46 pm | Permalink

I am so impressed by people who can find such simple pieces and see their potential for awesomeness! I mean, that bowl even makes club soda (!) look terrific!

8. Posted February 19, 2014 at 7:50 am | Permalink

Great find, I have been thrifting lately and strumble upon a few items as well. Please visit my blog to let me know. By the way, great use of the enamel bowl.