Snow Day

What is it about a snow day?

The world just seems to stand still.

Frozen if you will…

in a hushed quiet stillness that comes from nothing else.

There’s an element of magic wrapped within each tiny snowflake as they silently follow one another down to the ground.

We all seem take a moment to stop whatever it is that we are doing to take a gaze into the snow filled air and watch as the green grass quietly turns white.

There’s a peaceful stillness that gives us permission to slow down, nestle in, and cuddle up.

Or at the very least sit down,

and let the snow charged wind blow through our hair.

As we ponder the beauty that only winter can provide.

And relish in the satiating contentment that comes with it.

In an instant our minds flash back to our childhood, and we become flooded with all of the adventure and excitement of snowflakes tickling our rosy cheeks and eye lashes.

And we find that we can’t resist but to rub our noses in the freshly fallen snow.

Kinda makes you feel like a kid again.

Everybody needs a snow day every now and then, don’t they?

Have fun!

xoxoxo-

This entry was posted in The Silver Lining and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted January 25, 2013 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

What a sweet photo series. :D

2. Posted January 30, 2013 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

I love the snow, as long as Im not shoveling it. :) Cute pics!

3. Posted January 31, 2013 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

I just love this post! You have such a way with words…and pictures!

I want a snooooow day! ;) I think those flurries are all I’m going to see this winter.

4. Posted January 31, 2013 at 7:01 pm | Permalink

Dogs are so funny in the snow. Our golden loved to roll in it and leap around like a kangaroo. We once had a shitzu whose little paws would freeze in the snow and she would just flop over like a dead possum until someone would pick her up. You could almost loose your little guy, white against white, in the snow!

5. Karen
    Posted February 8, 2013 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

Your dog is so cute! Reminds me of a dog I used to have named Scruffy. Her markings were light brown with some black.

6. Nancy Wender Daley
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 12:50 pm | Permalink

Just wondering….how did your name come to be Wenderly? (My maiden name is Wender….Austrian immigrant grandfather)

• Posted February 22, 2013 at 11:28 am | Permalink

Hi Nancy!

My name came to be Wenderly because my first name is Wendy and my middle name is Lee. My mom would always combine them as “Wenderly” and the nickname was born! Thanks for stopping by!

7. Posted February 19, 2013 at 8:49 am | Permalink

I could use a snow day, or three. ;) Oakley is the cutest!

8. Posted February 23, 2013 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

I just found your blog Wenderly and it’s oh so lovely! I have to say I was so struck by your dog. He/she looks just like my girl, Lily. Is he/she a mix? Wheaten? What a great snow day!

• Posted February 23, 2013 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

Hi Sharon!

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words! We got Oakley from the pound so we’re unsure of exactly what he is, but the vet seems to think that there is indeed Wheaten Terrier in him. He is such a love. We feel so blessed to have found him.