Looking for a last minute gift idea?  Well, I’ve got the perfect solution! A homemade body sugar scrub that’s sure to make someone feel pampered & special!

Homemade gifts are best kind, don’t you think?

And you’ll never believe how simple it is to treat someone (or yourself) to soft and subtle, yummy smelling skin!

You’ll just need a small container, I used a Ball Glass Jar adorned with a festive red & white striped paper on top and a handwritten label that came with the jars on the front.

I adore Ball Glass Jars!

Next, you’ll need 2 parts sugar to one part baby oil and 2 drops of a fragrance oil. Just pour everything in and give a good stir! Make SURE that you have a fragrance oil that is for the skin NOT cooking! You can find these at your local craft store in the soap making section.

I decided to lavish my recipients with a lavender fragrance.

It smells heavenly! I feel relaxed and pampered already!

Homemade lavender body sugar scrub.

Simple, lovely, inexpensive and a decadently sweet treat!

Wishing you a pampered holiday season!

This entry was posted in Dazzle & Delight, House & Home, Slice of Life and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted December 21, 2012 at 10:01 am | Permalink

THESE are so pimp. I need 45 jars.

Merry Christmas, Wenderly! xoxox.

2. Kim A
    Posted December 21, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Permalink

Does the sugar not melt? I use Philosophy’s Amazing Grace Salt Scrub and it is amazing. The salt crystals are large, so would cookie decorating sugar or even kosher salt work? Merry Christmas!

• Posted December 21, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

Hi Kim!

No, the sugar doesn’t melt! :) Not sure about sanding sugar, I’ve never tried that!

Merry Christmas to you!!

3. Maureen
    Posted December 22, 2012 at 9:04 am | Permalink

Thanks so much for posting this, it is a wonderful idea. This year money is beyond tight, so I really appreciate having this as a gift for my family. It is always nice to make something for someone, it is more special because you took the time to think of them, and this scrub you could customize with different scents for different people.

Merry Christmas!

4. Posted January 3, 2013 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

Oh, I wish I had seen this before Christmas! Maybe I’ll just make some for myself and try it out! :)

5. Posted January 11, 2013 at 12:52 am | Permalink

My girls and I love to be pampered, and they would love to make their own body scrub! I would love for you to link up to my linky party, my readers will LOVE this idea!!

6. Posted January 17, 2013 at 6:22 pm | Permalink

I’m sorry I didn’t see this earlier because I know of several friends who would’ve loved receiving this. BUT Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day would also be great times to share this lovely mixture!

7. Posted January 31, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

This scrub is the BOMB, Wendy! I love, love, love it!!!