Cocoa Rice Crispy & Nutella Heart Sandwiches

I whipped up the sweetest chocolatey treat this past weekend! I know that Valentine’s day is tomorrow but I just had to share this with all of you! These are the perfect last minute sweet treat for Valentine’s Day! This is all you have to do to make these darling heart sandwiches for those you love any day of the year!

Just mix some cocoa crispy rice cereal with some marshmallow creme (that has been warmed first in the microwave) and spread it on a rimmed cookie sheet lined with a silpat mat. To ensure that the mixture sets with a nice flat suface, just cover the mixture with some wax paper and rolled over it with a rolling pin. It works like a charm!

After 30 minutes press a heart shape cookie cutter into the the sweet crunchy mixture…

And out pop it out on a plate.

It’s perfect just like that, dontcha think?

But no, don’t stop there.

Go ahead and slather the heart with a generous amount of Nutella®.

*Swoon*

Then top it with another rice crispy heart to make the most adorable (not to mention sweetest) heart sandwich ever.

And then don’t stop there. Cut-pop-out-slather-eat-repeat to your heart’s content.

And then make another batch for those you love.

Sending YOU lots of love this Valentine’s Day and each day all the year through.

Here’s the recipe!

Cocoa Rice Crispy & Nutella Heart Sandwiches

(Makes 6-8 heart sandwiches)

What you’ll need:

7 cups coca rice crispy cereal
1- 13 oz jar marshmallow creme
1- cup Nutella® spread

What you’ll do:

Pour a 13 ounce jar of marshmallow creme into a bowl and microwave for 60 seconds until the marshmallow creme is soft and easy to mix. Next pour in 7 cups of cocoa crispy rice cereal and fold mixture together with a spatula until incorporated. Pour the mixture onto a sided cookie sheet that is covered with a silpat mat. Spread mixture evenly into a 1/2 thickness. (Work quickly while the marshmallow is still warm and easy to spread). Once you’ve got all of the mixture spread onto the cookie sheet, cover with wax paper and gently roll with a rolling pin to help ensure a nice smooth surface. Let mixture set for 30 minutes before cutting. With a heart cookie cutter, cut out 12 to 16 heart shapes (depending on the size of the cutter that you use). Spread half of the heart shapes generously with Nutella and place the other heart shapes on top to make sandwiches.

Eat & Enjoy!

This entry was posted in Delish Dishes, Desserts, Recipes and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted February 13, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Permalink

LOVE these!! Definitely my kinda food :)

2. Posted February 13, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

Wendy these are just gorgeous!! I hope you and your sweetie have a wonderful Heart Day together!! xoxo

3. Posted February 13, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

These are so cute! And totally like the simplicity of them too.

4. Posted February 13, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

Oh these make me smile so much!

5. Posted February 13, 2012 at 8:14 pm | Permalink

Anything with Nutella is a winner in the eyes of this family, these hearts are beautiful and look delicious! Have a great Valentines Day Love, ; ) Sheila

6. Posted February 13, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

Oh ok…I’ll take one. Or two. :)
    Looks perfect Wendy

7. Posted February 13, 2012 at 10:38 pm | Permalink

I love these easy treats! So cute.

8. Posted February 13, 2012 at 10:56 pm | Permalink

Oh no…you just had to break out the Nutella. Now how can I resist that?!

9. Posted February 13, 2012 at 11:29 pm | Permalink

These. Are. Amazing.!

10. Posted February 14, 2012 at 1:13 am | Permalink

Such easy and delicious recipes are sin. A sin I can’t resist!

11. Posted February 14, 2012 at 9:27 am | Permalink

Oh, Wendy!!! I can *almost* taste them! Would it be wrong to make myself a Valentine treat and not share?!? ;)

12. Posted February 14, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Permalink

What a perfectly fun treat – love it! Happy Valentine’s Day, Wendy!! xo

13. Posted February 14, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

S.W.O.O.N. ♥

14. Posted February 15, 2012 at 10:36 pm | Permalink

What an adorable treat, Wendy. I’ll bet your sweetheart loved these!

15. Posted February 16, 2012 at 9:55 am | Permalink

This looks adorably delicious! I love anything with nutella! I haven’t made rice crispy treats in forever, but I love the idea of using the cocoa version!

16. Posted February 16, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

Those treats look super delicious. What really does it for me is the nutella. Nutella makes everything taste better.

17. Posted February 17, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

These are adorable! I hope y’all had a great Valentine’s Day!

18. Posted February 21, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Permalink

what a great Idea, and I cannot think of what the wonders of the taste of this treat.
    my husband will absolutly love it.

19. Posted February 21, 2012 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

All I can say is YUM!

20. Posted February 24, 2012 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

OK I just love these.
    :::printing::::

21. Posted March 19, 2012 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

Huge Nutella fans here! Always looking for a fun little treat the kids will love. What a great idea and I have all the ingrediants in my pantry already. Love when that works out. We’ll be having these tonight, Thank You!!!