One Day…

One day.

One day I will have my house in perfect order.

One day my body will be what it was before children. And before my 40’s.

One day I won’t have to worry about my children. Their happiness. Who their friends are. Where they are. How they’ll handle situations. Who they’ll become. (HA.)

One day the grass will be freshly cut, all the laundry will be clean, folded and put away. The house will be sparkling clean, dinner ready, mundane tasks accomplished all at the same time.

One day all of my work will be caught up.

One day I won’t worry about all of the things that I’m worrying about today.

One day.

Some days seem like a monumental struggle.

Some days seem to suck every ounce of my being.

Then I wake up and am blessed with a fresh start.

The beginning of a new day.

There are magnificent days.

Horrific days.

Memorable days.

Forgettable days.

Busy days.

Boring days.

Sunny days.

Blustery days.

Ho-hum days.

SCREAM OUT LOUD days.

Inspire days.

Desire days.

Jump-for-joy-days.

How-in-the-world-am-I-going-to-get-through them days.

And then the other day something wonderful happened smack-dab in the middle of a not-so-fabulous day.

And my not-so-fabulous day turned into a truly-fantabulous day.

But today, I realized something…

that my “one day” is actually  “this day”.

Each one day, or some day, bad day or good day, eventually…

cumulatively…

becomes the “one days” that make my life.

It always amazes me what a monumental difference a day can make and what a monumental difference you can make in one day.

Embrace the day.

This entry was posted in The Silver Lining and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted January 13, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Permalink

I really like this!

2. Posted January 13, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

sorry to post again, but I just read your About section and almost freaked out. I am a Wendy Lee as well. And in school kids called me Wenderly.

• Posted January 13, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

Hi there Wendy Lee! What a small, small world! So nice to *meet* you!!

3. Posted January 13, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Permalink

This is such a thoughtful post, Wendy. And you’re so right – our lives are filled with a whole bunch of “one day”s, but the trick is to embrace the one day that is happening now, whether than waiting for “someday” down the road. Love you!

4. Posted January 13, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

Well, you have me a little teary over here, Miss Wendy. I love the way you look at life. ♥

“One day” I hope we can meet again in real life!

5. Posted January 13, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

You have a wonderful way with words and I always love your outlook on life. I have had one of the most challenging weeks with my 16 year old son and this post really struck me. Thanks for sharing.

6. Posted January 13, 2012 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

love your spirit Wendy . . . beautiful

7. Posted January 13, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Permalink

Beautiful post, Wendy! I wish we could all slow down and realize that every day is worth living and loving. have a great weekend!
    P.S. I want that “before I turned 40″ miraculous day:)

8. Posted January 13, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Permalink

How do you DO it?!

9. Posted January 13, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

Fabulous post! You always nail it when it comes to looking on the bright side love :D

10. Posted January 13, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Permalink

omg all of this couldn’t be more true! You nailed it!! I am with you girl

11. Posted January 13, 2012 at 6:10 pm | Permalink

by the way.. I”m featuring this on my Facebook fan page today

12. Posted January 13, 2012 at 7:12 pm | Permalink

Beautiful post. And you’re totally right…live today as though it’s One Day. Great words of wisdom! :)

13. Posted January 13, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Permalink

I agree with Bridget, I’m getting teary.
    I just finished reading another blog about the same subject.
    I think the start of a new year make people take a good long look at their lives and what they really
    want to do with them.
    Good job!

14. Posted January 14, 2012 at 12:14 am | Permalink

This is so amazing! You’re an amazing talent, wife and mother!

15. Posted January 14, 2012 at 1:08 am | Permalink

It always makes me happy when you have a new post up. :-) You always seem to know exactly what to say at the right time!

16. Posted January 14, 2012 at 8:47 am | Permalink

Love your posts!!!

17. Posted January 14, 2012 at 9:15 am | Permalink

Beautiful, just like you. I’m so thankful for your friendship and that you always make me think and remember the important stuff.

18. Posted January 14, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

You are such a motivating / inspiration person, Wendy. Loved this

19. Posted January 14, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

Love this :)

20. Posted January 14, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

{Large sigh} This is beautiful. Just beautiful!

21. Posted January 14, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Permalink

So true, and so simple, isn’t it? I’m always amazed at the time I spend thinking or hoping for “one day” instead of living for “today”. This is such a good reminder.

22. Posted January 14, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

This one gets me “One day I won’t worry about all of the things that I’m worrying about today.” I need to start living in the now and not wait for that elusive day.

23. Posted January 14, 2012 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

Thank you! I want to give you a big squeeze right now. xoxo

24. Posted January 14, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Permalink

I always love reading your thoughtful posts – makes me pause and think.

25. Posted January 15, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

Thank you for such a thoughtful post — it’s like you were reading my mind and knowing just what I needed to hear/read to get refocused. Inspirational!

26. Posted January 15, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Permalink

Love how you think and write!

27. Posted January 16, 2012 at 9:51 am | Permalink

Sigh… so beautifully put. I’m so glad every day is a fresh start.

28. Posted January 29, 2012 at 3:00 am | Permalink

very beautiful post!

29. Posted February 6, 2012 at 8:56 pm | Permalink

Love your words!!! I feel this past year I have really woken up to the feeling of “Today”…this really struck me. Love you!