Girl Hunter

Meet Georgia Pellegrini.

She is lovely.

She is brilliant.

She’s a natural.

*She* is Girl Hunter.

I’ve just returned from a most fantabulous weekend spent at Joshua Creek Ranch in Borne, Texas indulging in

the enchanting landscape,

and the magical moments that come with surrounding yourself in the magnificence of Mother Nature, fresh air and some good girl bonding time spent chatting over a smoking gun.

Why should the boys always get to have all the fun?

Georgia invited a few of us gals to join her in a Girl Hunter adventure so that we could walk in her boots for a weekend.

And that we did.

All the while learning about her love of cooking the wild game she hunts herself. It’s not just a sport. It’s a way of living. And loving what you do. And Georgia wanted to share it with all of us. I found it to be very poetic and soul satisfying, not to mention nourishing on so many levels.

When’s the last time you’ve put any thought into what you are putting on your plate? And even more importantly into your body. Honestly I hadn’t really given it the deep thought it deserves until Georgia started the conversation. It’s truly fascinating to think about.

We all got a sneak peek of Georgia’s amazing new book Girl Hunter: Revolutionizing The Way We Eat, One Hunt At A Time. But as of yesterday it’s available for all to enjoy!

You don’t have to be a hunter (or even a girl for that matter) to sink your teeth into this eloquently written story of a Wall Street business girl turned chef who lives off the land.  This story can be applied and appreciated by all.

I can assure you that you haven’t seen the last of this Girl Hunter.

Do yourself a favor. Go ahead and unleash your inner Girl Hunter today.

You’ll be glad you did.

I know I am.

Here’s the official Girl Hunter trailer, take a peek.

This entry was posted in Slice of Life, The Silver Lining and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted December 14, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

Such lovely and beautiful pictures! Sounds like an amazing adventure. :)

2. Posted December 14, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

Great post! I miss you bunches!

3. Posted December 14, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

What a beautiful post Wendy. It was so wonderful spending time with you and I’m so glad we got to share the experience together! I hope there’s much more to come, xo.

4. Posted December 14, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

That video is bad to the BONE. And so is Georgia. Hi, Georgia!

5. Posted December 14, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

Such a beautiful post, Wendy!! I had such a great time meeting you, it was a great weekend. Hi Georgia!!

6. Posted December 14, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

Beautiful post luv. I just adore Georgia’s new book and I’m so very glad that you got to take a walk in her boots for a bit! Just look at all those fab sweet Girl Hunters! xoxo

7. Posted December 14, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

Love this whole concept! Looks like you had a great weekend! :)

8. Posted December 14, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Permalink

Such beautiful pictures of what had to be a most wonderful weekend!

9. Posted December 14, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Permalink

Sounds like an amazing weekend!

10. Posted December 14, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Permalink

FABULOUS post Wendy!!……makes me wish we were all back there!

11. Posted December 14, 2011 at 11:58 pm | Permalink

What fun! : ) Can’t wait to read Georgia’s new book.

12. Posted December 15, 2011 at 8:23 am | Permalink

Lovely post, and brings back great memories of a fun weekend. Miss you XO

13. Posted December 15, 2011 at 8:54 am | Permalink

Great post, Wendy. It was so fun spending that weekend all together. And you’re right – why should the boys get to have all the fun?

14. Posted December 15, 2011 at 9:02 am | Permalink

you’ve captured the weekend PERFECTLY Wendy . . . I wasn’t even there but you make me feel as if I was . . . just LOVE!

15. Posted December 15, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

How lovely that you were able to meet this talented and fascinating woman in person. I was following the tweets of the weekend you ladies all enjoyed. The book sounds as intriguing as the woman who wrote it.
    You shared some beautiful photographs of your weekend and the first one is this post is gorgeous!

16. Posted December 20, 2011 at 6:48 am | Permalink

What an amazing adventure. I can’t ever see myself hunting or wanting to go along on a hunting trip. Good for you for giving it a try.

17. Posted December 21, 2011 at 12:50 am | Permalink

You are awesome & this post has me all giddy. Such a special time we all got to share together. It was amazing finally spending time with you for realz. Hopefully we can share giggles and great times again really soon :)

One Trackback