Chocolate Chip Apricot Scones

Hi everyone! This is Jenna from EatLiveRun and I’m honored to be guest posting for Miss Wenderly today. A while back, she did an amazing guest post on my blog that left me drooling for more and I can only hope that this batch of warm chocolate chip apricot scones does her post justice!

I love scones for many, many reasons. The obvious is that they’re ridiculously delicious, but they also are perfect for those stressful life moments when you need a comforting baked good fast and don’t have time to spend baking bread or cupcakes.

You know the feeling.

The combination of chocolate and apricot is a traditional one, but if you prefer, you could substitute the apricot chunks for dried cranberries and the dark chocolate drizzle for white chocolate. Voila! A whole new scone.

I hope you enjoy these scones—from my kitchen to yours!

Chocolate Chip Apricot Scones

makes 12 scones

Print this recipe!

Ingredients:

2 cups all purpose flour

1 T baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup sugar

6 T cold unsalted butter, cut into chunks

1/2 cup + 2 T cream

1/2 cup chopped dried apricots

1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips + 1/2 cup chocolate for drizzle

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Cut in the butter with your fingers and work mixture together until it resembles coarse sand. Add the chopped apricots and chocolate chips.

Add the cream and mix with your hands until a dough forms. Make an eight inch circle with the dough and slice into 12 small wedges. Place wedges on a lined baking sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes, until golden brown.

Melt additional half cup of chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every thirty seconds until melted. Put melted chocolate in a small plastic bag, snip off the tip and drizzle scones with chocolate.

Time:

30 minutes

This entry was posted in Delish Dishes, Desserts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted August 8, 2011 at 9:46 am | Permalink

Oh why can’t I be eating one of these right now? YUM!

2. Posted August 8, 2011 at 9:55 am | Permalink

Delish! I need to get to scone making soon. Wonder if they freeze well? Hmmm…

3. Posted August 8, 2011 at 10:48 am | Permalink

ON. THIS. IMMEDIATELY.

4. Posted August 8, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Permalink

Oh, yum. Thanks for sharing Jenna and Wendy!

5. Posted August 8, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Permalink

Oh i want one NOW!!! Wendy these look and sound delicious!

6. Posted August 8, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Permalink

If these taste half as good as they look I know they’re fabulous!!

7. Posted August 8, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

These are beautiful! I love apricots. And chocolate :)

8. Posted August 8, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Permalink

Wow – I am not a scone person – but you had me at chocolate-chip! They look so soft and doughy. Love apricots too. Simple ingredients too.

9. Posted August 8, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Permalink

What a lovely combination!

10. Posted August 8, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Permalink

love scones, love making scones, love making an entire batch of scones and freezing them, then pull out to bake off whenever the urge strikes you . . . which is often in this house!

11. Posted August 8, 2011 at 9:44 pm | Permalink

These are absolutely gorgeous!

12. Posted August 8, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Permalink

I love scones, too! And these look delicious!

13. Posted August 9, 2011 at 12:08 am | Permalink

Wonderful looking scones. You certainly did do Wenderly justice! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us. Beautiful photographs.

14. Posted August 9, 2011 at 8:07 am | Permalink

Oh my goodness, these look Ah-mazing!

15. Posted August 9, 2011 at 10:46 am | Permalink

I adore chocolate chip scones but never thought to add apricot! What a lovely idea.

16. Posted August 9, 2011 at 10:47 am | Permalink

I’m not the greatest scone maker but these make me want to try it again. So beautiful and I love the jam and chocolate combo!

17. Posted August 9, 2011 at 11:13 am | Permalink

Love the combination of apricot with chocolate. Or cranberries with white chocolate. Or…wait, I just love scones. My coffee is ready; seriously wishing one of these were on a plate next to that cup.

18. Posted August 9, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

aww, two of my favorite people in the same place, so happy to see you over here Jenna! :)

I love apricot anything! I have never made a scone. I’m totally craving these right now.

19. Posted August 11, 2011 at 9:50 am | Permalink

Oh, Wendy, scones are one of my favorite breakfast items ever – and wouldn’t you know, I’m craving carbs like crazy right now with this pregnancy! Beautiful scones; I just Pinned them!

20. Posted August 13, 2011 at 8:34 pm | Permalink

Hi Jenna, love this recipe!
    Hi Wenderly, I’m a new reader and I’m already loving your blog :)