Trash to Treasure

I love to go antiquing.

There is something so magical and medicinal about rising early with the sun, grabbing a cup of coffee and forging out in search of treasures just waiting patiently to be found.

It’s all about the hunt.

The anticipation…mixed with imagination that just sets my soul on fire.

I LOVE it.

I also love to piddle around in my flower beds. When I stumble upon a treasure that I can enjoy outside amongst my flowers beds I am filled with glee!

Last summer I found this chandelabra while antiquing and I shared how easy it is to make when talking about Dining Al Fresco in Style.

Today I’d like to share another cherished find.

A flower cart. A rusty…metal…flower cart.

But it’s not just any ordinary flower cart.

With a little imagination, a simple sanding,

and some spray primer and paint, you, my friends, can have this…

a darling, charming entertaining cart. It’s got wheels for easy transportation, two shelves to fill with all sorts of goodies and can be enjoyed for entertaining inside or out!

I even found that enamel bowl while out treasure hunting…

Oh and that sweet vintage glass holder too! I switch out the glasses to match whatever color palette I may be using!

Antiquing and treasure hunting has become a hobby of mine.

Go ahead…venture out with an open mind and a full imagination!

The possibilities are endless!

Happy Hunting!

This entry was posted in Dazzle & Delight, Entertaining, House & Home, The Silver Lining and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted July 13, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

Your makeovers with your antique finds are beautiful. Love the vintage look you gave your yard with the chandelabra. Treasure hunting is fun, especially when you find something you love and someone is able to give you a little storied history about it. Makes it a little more personal when you bring it home and make it your own.

2. Posted July 13, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Permalink

I want it. Let’s go antiquing sometime shall we?

3. Posted July 13, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

Love, love, love!!!

4. Posted July 13, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Permalink

gorgeous Wendy – you’re soooooo talented!!

5. Posted July 13, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Permalink

I want to come play in YOUR backyard!!!

6. Posted July 13, 2011 at 7:41 pm | Permalink

very creative and artsy!

7. Posted July 13, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Permalink

I need to go antiquing with you! You’ve got some great finds.

8. Posted July 14, 2011 at 12:19 am | Permalink

I want to go antiquing with you, and hang out in your backyard!

9. Posted July 14, 2011 at 7:12 am | Permalink

Wowveverything looks so cool

10. Posted July 14, 2011 at 8:14 am | Permalink

That chandelier is so cute!

11. Posted July 14, 2011 at 9:30 am | Permalink

I love your finds, Wendy. I agree, nothing like a bargain. It’s such a thrill.

I was driving home yesterday and thought about how I have not been to any yard sales this summer. So unusual for me.

I’d love to go with you, though!

Miss you. Thinking about you lots ….

12. Posted July 14, 2011 at 9:37 am | Permalink

So sweet! Great refurb!! And you gotta love a chandelier in the trees. :)

13. Posted July 14, 2011 at 9:44 am | Permalink

Great transformation. I never find good stuff like that when I go hunting.

14. Posted July 14, 2011 at 9:56 am | Permalink

Beautiful backyard and fun find! I love looking for unique treasures!

15. Posted July 14, 2011 at 10:00 am | Permalink

That is an awesome find! And your back yard is amazing!

16. Posted July 14, 2011 at 10:15 am | Permalink

Nice work! Love what you did with the cart – I want one!

17. Posted July 14, 2011 at 11:47 am | Permalink

Ahh! This is fabulous!! Was is tough to sand off the rust? – How thorough to you have to be with that part?

• Posted July 14, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Permalink

Hi Chris! Thank you so much! No, it wasn’t difficult to sand off the rust at all! Just a few minutes with some sand paper did the trick. I like my finish to look a little vintage so I didn’t get mine totally smooth on purpose. Just make sure the wipe off the rust dust with a towel before priming and painting.

18. Posted July 14, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

Oooooh, that is fun!

19. Posted July 14, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Permalink

Oh my gosh… I LOVE this!! And that drink container thingy?? Awesome!! Everything about this is beautiful!

20. Posted July 15, 2011 at 9:35 am | Permalink

It’s amazing what a little paint can do!

21. Posted July 15, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

This is such a gorgeous restoration…I so want one :)

22. Posted July 15, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Permalink

I love to go antiquing with someone else who loves it. I want to go antiquing with YOU! That would be so much fun!

23. Lynne
    Posted July 16, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Permalink

That flower cart transformation is nothing short of amazing. Would you mind telling me if it came from a garage sale, estate sale, etc….? I have lots of trouble looking at things and envisioning what they could be….but your flower cart story has given me some ideas.

24. Posted July 17, 2011 at 12:38 am | Permalink

You are so darn creative!! I wish I could look at things and have such a vision. Love it!!

25. Posted July 18, 2011 at 8:24 am | Permalink

I wish I had the patience to go antiquing, really.
    This past weekend I ended up at this giant flea market and I thought I was in hades. I don’t have an eye like yours…I would never have looked twice at that flower cart and look what you did with it…such a great find!!
    Can I hire you to come antiquing with me?

26. Posted July 18, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Permalink

What a beautiful transformation!!

27. Posted July 20, 2011 at 8:26 am | Permalink

Positively GORGEOUS!

28. Posted July 21, 2011 at 10:50 am | Permalink

This is adorable!! I just love your find.

29. Posted July 31, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

Awesome project. I would LOVE to get into antiquing, but I wonder, do I really need another hobby?! :-) Beautiful site!

30. Posted November 2, 2011 at 3:35 am | Permalink

hi wenderly,
    i found you via roadkill rescue and i just had to visit! i have that exact cart…found at a barn sale but mine is black. i’ve used mine on our deck and porch for holding food, beverages and yes, even flowers. i love how the cart folds up when not in use. it had already been re-painted but me thinks that no primer was used as it is peeling off, so i’m letting it until i can fix it up next spring.
    definitely going back to look around your blog.
    judi

31. Posted March 27, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

I’m trying to redo a metal cart but no nothing about salvaging rusted metal. I think the rust has gone through the first layer– is it still salvageable? Thanks!

• Posted March 27, 2012 at 6:18 pm | Permalink

Hi Michele!

I would think that it is still salvageable! The surface will probably be a little uneven but I tend to like that look because I think that it gives the piece add charm. Make sure to give it a good cleaning (with a rust remover) and a few layers of primer first too! Good luck and have fun!

One Trackback

1. By Metal Entertaining Cart on November 1, 2011 at 8:01 am

[...] Entertaining Cart November 1, 2011 By Beckie // For Wendy from Wenderly there isn’t much that is more invigorating than scouring antiques shops for hidden treasures. One [...]