Meet Prince Oliver

Meet Oliver.

Prince Oliver.

Oliver-schmanoliver as I like to call him in an all to shrill-soprano-like-voice. And the name (as well as the voice) just thrills him to pieces.

As you can plainly see.

Oliver is a very busy, very important cat with many things to do.

In between his hectic schedule of lounging, eating, relaxing, stretching, bathing in the warm sun and ignoring anyone who attempts to show him too much affection he likes to pass the time by hanging out and enjoying the view on his favorite chair.

Up there he isn’t bothered with all the annoying humans that love him, feed him, give him water, shelter and a happy home.

Not to mention… he doesn’t have to lower himself to interact with that pesky four legged furry fellow who’s always trying to play.

Nor does he bother himself with any other stressful, mundane daily tasks that waste time and/or energy or make life difficult or unpleasant.

Nope.

He just hangs out.

All cool cat.

Regal.

Dignified.

Watching the world go round.

Until something interesting enough happens to capture his attention.

Something interesting enough to mesmerize him into a trance-like state.

If only for a moment.

And then just as quickly as his attention was captured.

He looses interest once again.

And gets back to the important things in life.

Like enjoying the view.

Think I’ll follow his lead. I do believe that he may be on to something.

Hope you’re enjoying the lazy days of summer,

What’s YOUR favorite way to chill during the summertime?

This entry was posted in The Silver Lining and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted June 15, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

Beautiful pictures. I´m not very fond of cats, but I have to say he looks funny up there on your sofa. I love the look of your dog, well I assume he is yours.
    Thanks for sharing
    Love from Spain
    Marialuisa

2. Posted June 15, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

Oh, I think Oliver would make a great friend for our Spike…

3. Posted June 15, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Permalink

What a doll! His position on that couch is hysterical!

4. Posted June 15, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Permalink

I love your cat. I once found a cat on the hood of my car after coming out from a football game. I tried to shoo him away and he looked just like Oliver. When he wouldn’t shoo, I noticed he had no tags or collar and made the decision to take him to the pound which would require I take him home for the night.

I bought a temporary litter tray, a couple of cans of cat food and got home after my kids had been put to bed by a sitter. One of them woke me during the night, so excited that a cat had somehow come in through the window and of course there were the pleas; ‘Can we keep him Mom?’ I stood firm. :) We named him Licorice and had him for many years. I surprised myself with how I, an avowed dog lover, loved that cat. I see a picture like yours and wish I had a football game to go to and a cat who needed a home cause I sure do miss that boy sometimes.

5. Posted June 15, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Permalink

I just hung out on the couch and watched Sponge Bob for the first time in forever.

Don’t tell anyone.

6. Posted June 15, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Permalink

I love him – and his life philosophy. I am cracking up at how he is sitting on the chair with his legs all down like that. Hilarious!

7. Posted June 15, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

Absolutely adorable! Kitty pictures are the best!

-Emily

8. Posted June 15, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Permalink

Love how you can make ‘cat watching’ so stinkin cute!!! Beautiful thought here though, I think I should be more like your cat too! :)

9. Posted June 15, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Permalink

Haha this post made me laugh out loud! Your cat is too funny. And so is your writing style! But those pictures…could he have any funnier expressions/poses? I love your narration to the pictures too!

10. Posted June 15, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Permalink

ok………they are both just WAY too adorable!!

11. Posted June 15, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Permalink

In my next life, I’m coming back as a cat! Sounds like Oliver has a great life. Your two little guys are so cute, I bet they keep life interesting!

12. Posted June 15, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Permalink

Haha! That first picture just cracked me up. I love these poses so much.

13. Posted June 16, 2011 at 8:09 am | Permalink

Monorail cat is in the station! If you don’t know what I am talking about you haven’t wasted as much time at icanhascheezburger.com as I have. :-)

14. Posted June 16, 2011 at 9:35 am | Permalink

What a perfect perch!

15. Posted June 16, 2011 at 11:22 am | Permalink

oh my gosh, that lead picture is hilarious!!!

16. Posted June 18, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

A lot of adults would be well served to take their approach to life much like our cats and dogs do…we’d be dealing with a lot less stress if we did :) Both your pets are adorable.

17. Posted June 19, 2011 at 9:12 am | Permalink

Monorail cat! Our two go back and forth between the bow window in our living room and the sliding glass door to the back yard. We call it “watching the outside channel”.

Our favorite way to chill anytime of year is in the hot tub on the deck with a sparkly cocktail. Best investment ever, that hot tub. Who needs Xanax? ;)