Quiche gets a bad rap.
I’ve never really understood exactly why that is the case.
You know the saying, “real men don’t eat quiche”? Well I’m here to ask the question, “can real men make quiche?” and to be even more exact, “can real men make quiche…for their Queen?”
And I’m not talking about the Queen of England folks, although many people are this week.
I’m talking about all of the soon-to-be-pampered-like-a-queen mom’s out there!
Mother’s Day is almost a week away and I’m here to help all of those men (and sons’ & daughters’) that are looking for an easy and delicious way to start their Queen’s Day.
This quiche is a delish, one dish meal that will dazzle and impress any royalty. I serve it for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner.
Not all on the same day of course.
I do spread the love…
And tell me, what’s not to love about a warm, cheesy, slice of savory pie?
Nothing if you ask me.
The point is, you can’t go wrong whilst wooing your special Queen with this dish.
This is all you’ll need.
Some shredded cheese, cottage cheese and flour.
Melted butter, green chilies and baking powder.
Beat the eggs.
Grab a 9 inch pie plate and spray it with some non-stick spray.
Pour the eggs in.
Add flour, baking powder and melted butter, give a stir.
Add some cottage cheese.
Shredded cheese and green chilies and mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
Pop it in a preheated 400º oven for 10 minutes, turn temperature down to 350º and bake for another 25-30 minutes until quiche is golden brown on top and cooked through.
Isn’t that divine!?
Serve with a side of fresh fruit and I’d say that’s a treat fit for any Queen!
Wishing all you mom’s out there a beautiful (early) Mother’s Day and may you get the royal treatment that you deserve!
And by the way, I love you mom.
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 5 large eggs
- 1 (12 oz) small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (4.5 oz) green chilies, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven 400º
- Beat the eggs. Then in a greased 9 inch pie plate, pour in eggs, flour, baking powder and melted butter, mix well. Then add cottage cheese, shredded Monterey Jack cheese and green chilies, stir again until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Place quiche in preheated 400º oven for 10 minutes, turn oven down to 350º and bake for 25-30 minutes until top is golden brown and quiche is cooked through.