Hot Chocolate Spoons

Need a festive quick last minute gift for that hostess with the mostess or the mailman or lady?

Doesn’t it seem like the clock ticks faster and faster as the days get shorter and shorter and we are all scurrying about trying to fit 48 hours worth of stuff into 24 hours worth of time?

And why does it always seems like I need that perfect little something at the last minute? Well this year I decided to STOP the madness…

I came up with the perfect solution to my last-minute-gift-giving-woes…

Hot chocolate spoons!

I mean who doesn’t like hot chocolate for heaven sakes?

They’re a sweet treat that will make anyone smile! They add the perfect chocolaty touch to a hot cup of milk, or even a sweet little somethin’-somethin’ to a cup of coffee!

I made a big ole batch of the little darlings in no time flat and now I’m armed for any occasion!

Want to see how?

First, you’ll want some sweet embellishments.

I used sprinkles and crunched up candy canes, really you could whatever you think would be a sweet addition even chocolate shavings would be nice.

Let you imagination go to town.

Next melt some chocolate…

I used white and semi sweet because I happened to have both, once again you could really have fun with this and buy the colored melting chips that come in a rainbow of colors if you so choose!

Once your chocolate is melted, it’s time to dip the plastic spoon (I like to use the clear plastic spoons) into the melted chocolate. Let the spoon dry a minute or two and then dip it again just to make sure that it has a nice thick layer of chocolate.

One can never have enough chocolate.

Let the spoons dry for another minute or two then dip the tip into the sprinkles or crunched up candy canes or whatever sweet embellishment you think worthy,

let the spoons sit a spell and look pretty until the chocolate is completely dry.

Once they’re nice and dry, tie them up in a little cello bag with a bow and you’re good to go!

I mean how cute is that?

Darling little hot chocolate spoons in no time flat!

Cheers to no more last-minute-gift-giving-woes!

This entry was posted in Desserts, The Silver Lining and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted December 20, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Permalink

Love these! So easy and still so festive!!

2. Posted December 20, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

Great idea! I got some of these as a gift last year and they were so fun to stir into coffee!

3. Posted December 20, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Permalink

These are darling and so great for a party or as part of a holiday gift basket.

4. Posted December 20, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

BBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE autiful!!! Great job!! Love these!

5. Posted December 20, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

Cute! I wanna make some.

6. Posted December 20, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

this could not be a more adorable gift…so fun and festive and EASY!

7. Posted December 20, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

LOVE these!!

I wish you were my neighbor, you could bring me like, 28 of these babies.

8. Posted December 20, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Permalink

festive, cute and sooooo easy but the recipient will be much appreciative!

9. Posted December 20, 2010 at 7:43 pm | Permalink

These are such a cute idea!

10. Posted December 21, 2010 at 12:53 am | Permalink

Okay, this is one of the cutest gift ideas I have seen. So fun!

11. Posted December 21, 2010 at 8:43 am | Permalink

Very cute. Although if I had one of those, I doubt it would ever make it into the mug of hot chocolate.

12. Posted December 21, 2010 at 10:37 am | Permalink

Beautiful! They would go marvelous with my Cappuccino Mix! Thanks for the idea.

13. Posted December 22, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Permalink

I can just picture the peppermint bits melting into warm cups of coffee as guests use these chocolate spoons at a dinner party

14. Posted December 22, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

So cute! I’m making chocolate covered marshmallows tomorrow with sprinkles and colored sugar.

15. Posted December 22, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Permalink

Adore the chocolate spoons – a fun hostess gift idea!

16. Posted December 23, 2010 at 10:19 am | Permalink

Super cute spoons! Merry Christmas to you!

17. Posted December 23, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Permalink

Those are so stinking cute Wenderly! I’m adding these to my must makes. Would be perfect for Valentines as well! Merry Christmas xoxo

18. Posted December 24, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

Oooooh so cute. I have even brought these at expensive kitchen stores.
    I am going to try to make this next year. Great idea!

19. Posted December 28, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

My sister-in-law made these for us a number of years ago. What a great gift!

20. Posted December 29, 2010 at 10:58 pm | Permalink

These are beautiful, and I bet they’re just as scrumptious! I wish I had found them in time for the holiday season. :)

21. Posted January 13, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

I am JUST getting here, because i am so freaking behind on my GR. But I just had to say THANK YOU! I think these would be perfect for Valentine’s gifts for coffee lovers – and I have been on the hunt for inspirations!
    Hope you had a wonderful holiday, and by the way, love the most recent post with the great looking sandwich. My heart was drawn to Mr. Football, though – what a touching way to share.

• Posted January 14, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Thank you so much for stopping by!! And yes, Valentine’s Day would be *perfect* for these spoons!! Fab idea love!

I love the Mr. Football photo of my Papa as well! It hangs in my kitchen along with other fav family photos!

Have a lovely weekend!